Monday 23 April 2012

No luck at Clare College

Last weekend I stayed at Clare College Cambridge when I was taking Joe back to Churchill. It was a nice place to stay although the beds were not as comfortable as they could have been. The gardens were beautiful. In the booklet for bed and breakfast guests they said you could access the library common room and could use computers in various places. So I went and asked the porter. I said 'Is it possible to look in the library, please' and he said 'No'. I admit it is my fault as I should know by now that it is necessary to email or phone in advance to gain entry - I have filled in quite a few request forms. The porter was very helpful about everything else.
This is the outside of the library from the room where I stayed.






and the University Library




No comments:

Post a Comment